This blog post has been written for me by one of the Secret Santa elves…
# 5 Things I Learned in 2014
“Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” ―Brad Paisley
Well another year is coming to a close. There were ups and there were downs. There were new friendships made, there were others that fizzled out, their time had come to an end but not forgotten. There was laughter, joy, disappointment, sadness and grief. Just as we had welcomed the year in with our close family and friends, excited with what 2014 would bring in, the time has now come to be with them again and reflect on our year.
What stood out for you? What would you change? What did you learn?
Here are 5 things I learned in 2014 that will see me through to 2015 and beyond. Maybe it will be true for you too?
• If you compare yourself or your life to others, then you’re wasting precious time on devoting your thoughts and actions on your own life journey.
• In life there will always be ups and downs. However, bad life is going for you at the moment, it will pass. Life isn’t always fair but it’s still good.
• The only challenge to overcome the negative in your life is a mental one. Only you are in charge of your happiness. Smile more, make others smile and appreciate the simple things in life.
• Don’t take your health and wellbeing for granted. Eat healthy, sleep well and play more.
• Always remember that the best is yet to come – just enjoy the ride!
I wish you all a safe, prosperous new year and one that is filled with happiness and joy! Now go and fill those blank pages of your own book…